The past few days I have sat at my lonely little work desk and sighed, thinking of the olden' days- a time that was more refined, more indulgent, more...girly. No, I'm not talking about Roccoco. I'm talking about Saturday.
I should begin by saying, as Emily aggreed, walking up to a home with a welcome sign with your name on it is simply fantastic; I was met at the Marathon house for my Bride's day by Meagan, Aubrey, Emily, (who flew all the way from the land of 505), Sarha, Ben and Josh, each of them dressed to the nines. When Claire arrived, she was, of course, wearing almost the same outfit as myself which is our freaky tradition with special events.
Saturday, began with Cafe Medici, which, I believe, is a new favorite among the group; delicious coffee was followed with Zocalo's yummy tacos and funny little place cards that describe the regions of Mexico in an odd, very white manner- all the more fun! After that, we dropped off Josh (Sorry About...Gender..the first in the series) and the ladies headed out to the Blanton, for more fabulousness.
When we arrived at the Blanton, Aubrey showed us this colossal Brazilian piece that encouraged fun and super sweet, very mod digital shots as well as play. We played in the long yellow strands of plastic media and it felt like a snapshot from a movie. The Blanton had some prints that Meag and I reminisced over, remembering our Smith class and discussions of insanity, incest and, of course, castration (what else?!).
It was easily aggreed that lunch would be lovely at South Congress Cafe and so we went. They have fantabulous cocktails there. I learned how delicious vodka and cucumber can be (thanks to Emily who footed my cocktail bill) and Meagan learned that the alcoholics answer to an afternoon cocktail is the Mexican Martini. She ordered it without knowing that she would be drinking 7 more drinks than the rest of us and was, for a short time, " the drunk one"(in a respectable, fabulous way of course). She took one for the bachlorette team and all bargain seekers in Austin.
Sarah suggested salads and soup (which were fantastic) and Aub, Emily and Claire split what looked like a delicious, re-vamp Texican meal. Thank you ladies for my lunch...it was fantastic!
Although it was a dangerous suggestion, Aubrey hinted at a stop at Anthropologie...its like putting children in a candy store...if we are the children, the candy is $200, looks fantastic in a large print, and our parents aren't footing the bill anymore. Aubrey and Emily found wedding dresses (not for their own weddings just yet) , Sarah departed for a graduation party in honor of her brother and Natalie joined us all, a trooper for sure, as she joined in on the fun after a long day of creativity. I was super impressed with Natalie's restraint when she tried on a suuuper cute outfit and walked out with her money in tact- impressive. I would have been justifying the expense for weeks to come- amazing! We stayed quite a while, touching the fabrics and imagining what it would be like if each of us sold our souls, worked for "The Man" and bought all the clothes we wanted...souls are better; besides, do souls even wear clothes? - a truly Travis question.
We momentarily crashed at the Marathon house and napped on the couch as we scrolled through magazines. Then Claire, Aub and I took a trip to the CM for our delicious late night treat: Prosecco and Peaches! We went back to the house, and Josh and Gobo had joined us. In true Josh fashion, we ate spring rolls (thank you again ladies for the thai dinner), watched a movie about food (No Reservations) and passed around chocolate (I am so glad you joined part of the day Josh!). We ended the evening with nothing but the best: Prosecco and peach AND Sex and the City. This reminds me: after all of the wonderful, beautiful, fabulous, extraordinary things that made my Bride Day what it was, I still have an evening of MORE cocktails and high fashion to look forward to. Movie night in 10 days and counting!
I posted because I want you all to know how thankful I was for that day, how special and loved it made me feel, and how very much I love you all. You are my family, my brothers and sisters, in every meaning of the word, and I couldn't imagine getting married without you. Thank you and I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I. LOVE. YOU, 'SHLEEMAN!
Post a Comment