This is Fabian Barba. He is a dancer, originally from Ecuador, who lives in Brussels. We met this summer. This past Saturday, I went to a performance he was in at The Kitchen. In January, he will be performing the work he is discussing in the video I've posted here (French practice), at MoMA. In the meantime, we will do a zingchat together. And in the next year or so, the title of this post becomes relevant. Remember Rebozo [Man]? The closing note of that project was an invitation to populate the currently empty, lonely space where Rebozo [Man] dwells. Along with Fabiola Torralba (from San Antonio, took up my job after I left, dancer), Fabian and I are scheming to make a pilgrimage from Marfa to Terlingua (the two birthplaces of my grandfathers). We will go North to South, against the trajectory the Border Patrol is suspect of in that area. We plan to walk the 110 desert miles over 11 or so days (Ben, Emily...advice!?). We will incorporate some sort of performative movement into the walking, I think. The whole thing will conclude in an event/performance/party at the ruins of my paternal grandfather's childhood ranch home outside Terlingua. It's crazy beautiful there (follow link), and of course you're all invited to the party.
So this is something I'm working on, Bibas. I also realized writing this, that something that makes me anxious sometimes is the fact that we are all meeting new people and getting involved in their lives and vice versa and the playground child in me has a tantrum when I think about sharing my bibas, or making new friends that I want bibas to know and that I don't have a teleporter/time machine to make that easier to do. So, I propose a new element for Bibaspot revival: New Friend Features. Who are all the amazing new people in your lives?
Much love, J
No comments:
Post a Comment