first: I didn't use the comment button to comment on his post because it seems like no one else is doing that, so I was afraid it wouldnt' get read, but, if someone would like to second the motion to use comments, I'm all about it
the read deal:
Ashlee and I had another messed up road to destruction/masculinity/circle jerking moment this weekend when we hung out with some of Ashlee's old friends and their child. He was like 3 and was watching tv )which is themost depressing thing ever if you watch a kid watching tv, it literally looks they've been frozen in space: they are completely fixed and you have to go to great lengths to get their minds unfrozen from the dancing bananas and things on screen).
There were some blocks around and so I made a block robot quickly and rather impressively, and then i showed it to the kid, who immediately turned and kicked it over and broke it. WTF!?!?!?!?! I tried to laugh and say 'hahaha destruction is a form of creation I guess" F-that, it's not, Donnie Darko. The mom was just like 'yeah, he does that, it's his play time so I let him do what he wants'.
I dont know, maybe it seems like it's not a big deal, but I think it is. Praise creation and communication and above all block robots, people don't hold kids to any standards anymore...I made another block tower and he just kicked it over again.
Man I was pissed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Though I read the comments, they don't appear in my feed reader, so I have to come back and check the blog. So, while, I'm all for using the comment feature in general, for this blog I see good reason not to use it.
i like comments. i dont know if anyone will ever read this, but yeah travis, you're so right about kids, creation, etc. this is why i would only trust mine to you people. que viva summer kid exchange.
Post a Comment