Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A state of limbo

This is going to be a brief post but it will clue you in on what I am up to these days. About a week ago I moved to DC in order to start an internship with the Peace Corps HQ. However through a series of paperwork mishaps and the slowness of the federal bureaucracy I have yet to start my position. I am waiting on my official security clearance, which at this point means I need someone to look at my file and give me a "yes" or "no." Needless to say, I am bored out of my mind. Some of you might know this about myself but I do not do well with lots of free time on my hands. It sort of makes me go crazy. So these days I am biding my time and watching lots of movies, riding the metro around DC and reading. However I do get to go to Charleston this weekend to hang out with my brother and his friends so that will be a great time for sure. I plan on getting very sun burned and probably drunk. However, I would greatly appreciate some Biba finger crossing in an effort to wish me luck on getting all of my paperwork and clearances taken care of in a timely manner so that I may start my position. I will try a take some cool pics this weekend and post them up. I hope all is well and I send much love to all ends of the bibaspora.

2 comments:

josh t franco said...

crossing fingers...but in the meantime, there's some great art in DC. Start at The Corcoran Museum...I will try to remember others. Of course, all the Smithsonians...is this like giving you homework?

dcoates said...

Fingers crossed here, as well. And concur with Josh's opinion of lots of free things to do in DC.