Monday, March 2, 2009

Ben Started It

Since Ben decided to write about what was going on in his life...I thought I would do the same.
I'll let Ashlee talk about her stuff and where we might be next fall, but, this is what's happening in the next few months for sure:

I've been recording cello for this guy Tim Pearson, he's a really great singer-songwriter who graduated from SU (small world).  He's making this great album of these really revealing, beautiful (but not cliche), folky songs and he has this incredible voice.  It's really great stuff.

Also, Jason introduced me to Carlos, who is traveling around the midwest in tiny airstream trailers making art videos with people in small towns and teaching what art is/can be.  We hit it off and I've been doing music for a few of the videos...there should be a link here:

Also, I have 3 concerts of my compositions coming up:  March 24th at 7pm at SU, March 26th at 8pm at UT (these are the same 3 or 4 small ensemble pieces), and I'm having a piece performed on the New Music Ensemble concert May 5th at UT.  The last one should be the best one, I took personal ads from the Austin Chronicle and set them to music: fun and exciting music.

Also there are several more Muntu (Munti?)

Also there is nothing else.

 

No comments: